Matusja Blum Memorial International Piano Competition, Sarajevo, May 6-9, 2020. Mladen Pozajic Music School Sarajevo and Secondary Music School Sarajevo in partnership with the Music Academy of the University of Sarajevo organize the Matusja Blum Memorial International Piano Competition.
- The competition is intended for young pianists from all educational systems and countries.
- The competition is open to the public.
- The organiser (the School) shall retain the rights to video and audio recordings.
- The competition will be held in alphabetical order starting with the letter “A”.
- Participants are required to register at the Competition Office by presenting an identity document (identity card or passport) not later than an hour before their performance.
- Participants are permitted to make changes to the repertoire indicated in their application forms, except for obligatory pieces, if prescribed in the rules. To make changes, participants must inform the organisers in writing (e-mail) or at the time of registration of competitors, no later than one hour before their performance.
- Competitors are entitled to practice time prior to their performances, as well as a short rehearsal in the hall where the competition is taking place.
The jury will be composed of renowned musicians and teachers, at least one of whom should be a former student of Professor Blum (in both the jury for the younger category and the jury for the older category).
- In the event of the withdrawal of a member of the jury, the organiser has the right to replace the withdrawing member with a new member.
- Jury members may not judge candidates whom they teach, or who are from the institution they represent.
- The Adjudicators are required to come forward and declare their relationship to the competitors. If the adjudicators are the competitors’ current teachers or are personally related to them or their teachers, they will not be obliged to refrain from adjudicating in those particular cases. Adjudication of the competitors who represent the institutions where the adjudicators teach is equally not permitted.
- Participants are not obliged to perform for the maximum duration specified for their category. The jury has the right to stop the a performance, if the time limit has been exceeded. This move does not disqualify the participant.
- The competition schedule will be published on the competition web site and printed in the competition booklet to ensure that competitors are informed in good time.
- The application deadline for the Matusja Blum Memorial International Piano Competition is 10 April 2020.
With the application, the candidates are obliged to enclose a copy of their birth certificate, passport or identity card, and confirmation they have paid the registration.
The application fee for the pre-category and category A is €30
The application fee for categories B and C is € 40
The application fee for categories D and E is € 50
The application fee for categories F and G is € 60
Uplate iz Bosne i Hercegovine:
Primalac: UDRUZENJE MUZICKIH/GLAZBENIH I BALETSKIH PEDAGOGA FEDERACIJE BIH
RAIFFEISEN BANK DD BOSNA I HERCEGOVINA
Transakcijski račun: 1610000006120032
Svrha doznake: UPLATA KOTIZACIJE ZA 2.INTERNACIONALNO TAKMIČENJE PIJANISTA MEMORIJAL MATUSJA BLUM SARAJEVO 2020.
Payments from abroad:a:
PAYMENT SHOULD BE EFFECTED AS FOLLOWS
BENEFICIARY BANK: RAIFFEISEN BANK DD BOSNA I HERCEGOVINA
SWIFT CODE: RZBABA2S
ADDRESS: ZMAJA OD BOSNE BB SARAJEVO BIH
DETAILS OF BENEFICIARY:
IBAN CODE: BA391610000006120032
FULL BENEFICIARY NAME: UDRUZENJE MUZICKIH/GLAZBENIH I BALETSKIH PEDAGOGA FEDERACIJE BIH
FULL BENEFICIARY ADDRESS: JOSIPA STADLERA 1
– The application fee is non-refundable in case of a candidate’s withdrawal.